The Gynecological (GYN) Clinic provides a number of vital healthcare exams, procedures and counseling services for women. Although the base no longer delivers babies, the GYN Clinic does care for most other gynecological needs and issues affecting women:
· Routine women's health exams such as annual pap smears.
· Evaluation for disease processes such as endometriosis.
· Dysplasia - Performing of colposcopies, as well as other types of biopsies and treatments for this condition.
· Counseling on a variety of women's health concerns, such as birth control, infertility, hormone therapy, aging and menopause.
· Walk-in pregnancy testing during normal duty hours.
Routine Women's Health Exams:
· A referral is not needed for routine women's health exams, such as annual pap smears. However, pap appointments must be scheduled at least 1 year apart (whether being seen at the 72 MDG or by an off base provider.).
· All active duty females must be seen at the 72 MDG for their annual pap smear, either by their PCM or the GYN clinic. If deploying, you must have a current pap smear (within the last 9 months) on file and must out-process through Force Health to ensure compliance with Individual Medical Readiness requirements.
· Dependants empanelled to the 72 MDG can chose to be seen by an off base provider for their annual pap smear ONLY without needing a referral. Please note that a TRICARE Prime Network Provider must be used 1 year must have elapsed since the last pap appointment and the patient has no additional health concerns (i.e cannot request birth control pills and have your annual pap without a referral).
Repeat Depo-Provera Injections - (Patients with appointments have priority)
Given Monday - Friday, 7-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. on a walk in basis
Patient must have a current annual pap & active Depo-Provera prescription on file prior to walking in for repeat Depo-Provera injections.
Booking & Cancellations
Gyn Clinic appointments can be booked by calling the central appointment line at 734-2778. PCM referral is not needed. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call the appointment line to cancel and/ or reschedule so the appointment may be utilized by another patient. Failure to cancel the appointment within 72 hrs of the appointment time will result in a no-show and a letter generated to the member's supervisor and First Sergeant for AD members.
Obstetrics is provided for both active duty and family members through the TRICARE network with a positive pregnancy test on file with the GYN Clinic.
* Please note; walk in pregnancy testing is only done on Mon, Wed & Fri during normal duty hours.
Medicare patients are not eligible to be seen in the GYN Clinic.
Clinic Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.- Monday-Friday
Closed 1 p.m.-4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month for mandatory training.