PRINT | E-MAIL
Colonel Jennifer L. Trinkle is the 72nd Medical Group Commander commanding 500 medics to deliver outpatient health services to more than 17,000 enrolled patients and 63,000 regional Tricare beneficiaries. She ensures medical readiness for Headquarters Air Force Sustainment Center, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, 552nd Air Control Wing, Navy Strategic Communications Wing One, 507th Air Refueling Wing, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing and 45 other associate units including the Defense Logistics Agency, Defense Information Systems Agency, Defense Finance and Accounting Service and 38th Cyberspace Engineering Installation Group.
Colonel Trinkle is a native of Apalachin, NY. She attended Mansfield University in Pennsylvania where she earned her Bachelor of Science Nursing degree. She was commissioned in the Air Force after two years in a Cardio-Thoracic Intensive Care Unit. Her first active duty assignment was in the Intensive Care Unit at Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas, where she was also a founding member of the first Air Force Critical Care Air Transport Team and participated in the first real-world Critical Care mission to Ecuador. After an assignment at Travis AFB, California, she was assigned as a Flight Nurse in Japan and ended as an instructor and flight evaluator. She later stood up a new Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron in Okinawa, where she was assigned to the Wing Operations Group as Chief Flight Nurse, Air Evac Standards and Evaluation.
She earned her Master of Arts Degree in Human Resources at Webster University in Missouri. She has had numerous operational and command and staff assignments. Prior to her current position, Colonel Trinkle served as the Master Clinician, Critical Care, for the 96th Inpatient Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Mansfield University/Robert Packer School of Nursing, Mansfield, Pa.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Flight Nurse School, Brooks AFB, Texas
2005 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2007 Master of Arts, Human Resource Management, Webster University, Mo.
2012 Air War College by correspondence
2014 AFMC Commanders Course, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2018 Wing/Group Commanders Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. December 1994 - April 1997, Critical Care Nurse, Surgical ICU CCATT Team, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. May 1997 - December 2000, Critical Care Nurse, Surgical ICU, 60th MDG, Travis AFB, Calif.
3. January 2001 - January 2002, Flight Nurse, Chief Quality, 374th AES, Yokota Air Base, Japan
4. February 2002 - February 2003, Flight Nurse, Squadron Chief Standardizations/Evaluations, 374th AES, Yokota AB, Japan
5. February 2003 - May 2005, Flight Nurse, 18th Operations Group Standardizations/Evaluations,
Kadena Air Base, Japan
6. June 2005 - June 2006, Nurse Manager, Primary Care Flight, 23d MDOS, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. June 2006 - July 2010, Flight Commander, Primary Care Flight, 23d MDOS Moody AFB, Ga.
8. July 2010 - Nov 2011, Flight Commander, Critical Care Flight, 96th IPTS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. Nov 2011 - July 2012, Flight Commander, Critical Care/Multi-Service Unit/Post Anesthesia Unit,
Craig Joint Theater Hospital, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan
10. Aug 2012 - June 2014, Chief Flight Nurse, 86th AES, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. Jun 2014 - July 2016, Commander, 78th Medical Operations Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. July 2016 - May 2018, Master Clinician, Critical Care, 96th IPTS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
13. June 2018 - Present, Commander, 72nd Medical Group, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
AF Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
AF Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Certified Emergency Nursing (CEN)
Honor Graduate, Flight Nurse School 2000
5th AF Flight Nurse Evaluator of the Year 2003
AE Excellence in Leadership Award 2004
AFIA Outstanding Performer 2005
MAF AE Patient Safety Team of the Year 2013
AFMC Patient Centered Medical Home of the Year 2015
AFMC Best Clinic of the Year 2015
AFMC Best Hospital of the Year 2016
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant November 3, 1993
First Lieutenant November 3, 1995
Captain November 3, 1997
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2012
Colonel April 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2018)