PRINT | E-MAIL
Col. Laurie A. Dickson is the commander of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The 513th is the only Air Force Reserve unit that maintains and operates the E-3 Sentry, an Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft. The colonel is responsible for directing and maintaining the wartime readiness of the nearly 400 reservists under her command.
Col. Dickson was born in Inglewood, California, and earned her bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1986. The colonel earned her commission as a graduate of Officer Training School at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas in 1986. The following year, she entered the active duty Air Force as an air battle manager. In 1991, Col. Dickson joined the Connecticut Air National Guard and served as assistant director of operations. She transferred to the Air Force Reserve in 1996, and since then has served as the first director of operations and mission crew commander for the 513th Air Control Group. Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the commander the 710th Combat Operations Squadron at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, which is Air Force Reserve Command’s elite 128-member unit subject to short-notice, world-wide deployments, providing augmentation to U.S Air Forces Central Command and the 609th Air and Space Operations Center in support of the Joint Forces commander.
Col. Dickson has deployed in support of Operations Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Allied Force and Northern Watch. She has served in-theater as both a combat aviator as well as on staff in a combined air operations center.
1986 Bachelor of Arts in political science, University of California, Santa Barbara
1991 Masters Business Administration in business management, Webster University, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1994 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1999 Air Command and Staff School, by correspondence
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
2013 Air Force Continuous Process Initiative, Green Belt Certification, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2015 Joint Air and Space Operations Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
2016 Air Force Continuous Process Initiative, Black Belt Certification, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Joint Air Component Coordination Element Certification, Osan AFB, Korea
1. January 1987–April 1989, Weapons Director/Standards and Evaluations Officer, 629th Tactical Control Flight, Hessisch Oldendorf, Germany
2. April 1989–December 1991, Weapons Director/Current Operations Chief, 965th Airborne Warning and Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. December 1991–August 1996, Assistant Director of Operations, 103rd Air Control Squadron, Connecticut Air National Guard, Orange, Conn.
4. August 1996–June 1999, Director of Operations, AWACS Mission Crew Commander, 513th Air Control Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. June 1999–February 2005, Operations Officer – AWACS and AOC FAM, 10th Air Force Training Directorate, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas
6. February 2005–December 2011, Chief of the Command Post Branch, 10 AF Operations, NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas
7. December 2011–April 2012, Inspector General Air Reserve Component Liaison, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
8. April 2012–October 2015, 10 AF CPI Process Manager, NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas
9. October 2015–January 2018, Deputy Commander, 710th Combat Operations Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia
10. January 2018–present, Commander, 513th ACG, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Rating: senior air battle manager
Flight Hours: more than 1,400
Aircraft Flown: E-3
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 12, 1986
First Lieutenant Dec. 12, 1988
Captain Dec. 12, 1990
Major Dec. 3, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 3, 2002
Colonel Sept. 1, 2015
(Current as of January 2018)