PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sergeant Keith M. Scott serves as Command Chief of the 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He leads the wing’s enlisted force and serves as the principle advisor to the 72nd Air Base Wing Commander on matters concerning the effective utilization, training, development, and readiness affecting the wing’s 3,000 Airmen. Chief Scott provides direct operational support for the Headquarters Air Force Sustainment Center, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, 552nd Air Control Wing, Navy Strategic Communications Wing One, 507th Air Refueling Wing, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing and 45 other mission partners across eight MAJCOMs. The wing provides support for more than $5.4 billion in resources while providing care and services for more than 27,000 military and civilian personnel, their dependents, and 36,500 retirees.
Chief Scott is from Jacksonville, Florida and entered the Air Force in 1997. His assignments include bases in Japan, Portugal, Oklahoma, Hawaii, Colorado, Virginia and Texas. Chief Scott has also deployed in support of Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. He has filled multiple roles throughout his career to include Superintendent, Airman and Family Readiness Center and the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam International Military Student Officer. Prior to assuming his current role, he served as the Superintendent, 559th Medical Group, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas.
1997 Bioenvironmental Engineering Course, USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks Air Force Base, Texas
2002 Airman Leadership School, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Dynamics of International Terrorism, USAF Special Operations School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2010 Associate of Science, Bioenvironmental Engineering Technologies, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Associate of Arts, Social Services, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Noncommisioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 International Military Student Officer Course, Defense Security Cooperation Agency, Ohio
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. June 1997–July 1997, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. August 1997–December 1997, Student, Bioenvironmental Engineering Specialist, USAF School of Aerospace Medicine, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. January 1998–December 1999, Bioenvironmental Engineering Technician, 18th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
4. January 2000–June 2001, Bioenvironmental Engineering Technician, 65th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Lajes Field, Portugal
5. June 2001–September 2009, Bioenvironmental Engineering Technician, 72nd Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. September 2009–October 2012, Superintendent, Airman and Family Readiness Center, 72nd Force Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. October 2012–September 2013, Superintendent, 15th Aerospace Medicine Squadron and Pacific Air Force Bioenvironmental Engineering Enlisted Force Manager, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
8. November 2013–August 2015, International Military Student Officer, JB Pearl Harbor- Hickam, Hawaii
9. February 2014–August 2015, Superintendent, 15th Medical Operations Squadron and Pacific Air Forces Bioenvironmental Engineering Enlisted Force Manager, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
10. September 2015–June 2016, Superintendent, 21st Aerospace Medicine Squadron and Air Force Space Command Bioenvironmental Engineering Functional Manager, Peterson AFB, Colo.
11. June 2016–July 2017, Superintendent, 633d Aerospace Medicine Squadron and Air Combat Command Bioenvironmental Engineering Functional Manager, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
12. August 2017–July 2020, Superintendent, 559th Medical Group, JB San Antonio, Texas
13. August 2020–present, Command Chief, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” Device and three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
2004 72nd Aerospace Medicine Squadron Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2007 Air Force Materiel Command Outstanding Bioenvironmental Engineering NCO of the Year
2007 72nd Air Base Wing NCO of the Year
2007 Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2008 Air Force Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High Yield Explosive Challenge winner
2008 AFMC Bioenvironmental Engineering Team of the Year
2011 AFMC Airman and Family Readiness Center Program of the Year
2011 Tinker AFB and 72nd Air Base Wing Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 15th Aerospace Medicine Squadron SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of August 2020)