PRINT | E-MAIL
Mr. Gregory (Brent) Burgess is the Director of Staff, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He is responsible for providing executive leadership, direction and management of 72nd Air Base Wing functions in the formulation of civilian organizational policy and fiscal management across all wing mission areas to improve effectiveness, resource efficiency and resource savings through subordinate wing staff, commanders, directors and supervisors. Additionally, he oversees and directs the wing’s Resource, Transformation, Public Affairs, Protocol and Plans & Programs Offices. As the technical expert, he provides critical corporate level continuity for policy matters to the 72nd Air Base Wing Commander and Vice Commander.
2007 Bachelor of Science, Management and Ethics, Mid-America Christian University
2009 Master of Arts, Leadership/Public Administration, Mid-America Christian University
2013 Air Command and Staff College (Distance Learning), Air University
2014 Squadron Officer School (Distance Learning), Air University
2017 Air War College (Distance Learning), Air University
1. December 2000 – March 2008, Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic, 564th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
2. March 2008 – June 2013, Instructional Systems Specialist, 72nd Force Support Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
3. June 2013 – August 2014, Process Analyst, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
4. August 2014 – August 2018, Operations Manager, 72nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
5. August 2018 – June 2021, Director, 72nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
6. June 2021 – Present, Director of Staff, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
Professional Deployment, Distribution and Transportation Certification – Level I
Professional Deployment, Distribution and Transportation Certification – Level II
Professional Maintenance Certificate Program – Level I
Professional Maintenance Certificate Program – Level II
Prosci Change Management Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Medal
Air Force Association, Gerrity Chapter 2016 Civilian Manager of the Year
2016 Wiley Post Civilian Manager of the Year
Air Force Materiel Command 2016 Base-Level Logistics Readiness Civilian of the Year – Category 3
2016 Outstanding Air Force Logistics Readiness Civilian (Category 3) of the Year
(Current as of June 2021)