Chief Master Sergeant Jeffery D. Sipos serves as Command Chief of the 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He leads the wing’s enlisted force and serves as the principle advisor to the 72nd Air Base Wing Commander on matters concerning the effective utilization, training, development, and readiness affecting the wing’s 3,000 Airmen. Chief Sipos provides direct operational support for the Headquarters Air Force Sustainment Center, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, 552nd Air Control Wing, Navy Strategic Communications Wing One, 507th Air Refueling Wing, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing and 45 other mission partners across eight MAJCOMs. The wing provides support for more than $5.4 billion in resources while providing care and services for more than 27,000 military and civilian personnel, their dependents, and 36,500 retirees.
Chief Sipos is from San Lorenzo, California and entered the Air Force in April 1996. He graduated from the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Apprentice Course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He has held a variety of leadership positions at the squadron and group levels for the Mission Support Group, Civil Engineering and Combat Communications career fields. Prior to assuming his current role, he served as the Senior Enlisted Leader, 18th Civil Engineer Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan. Chief Sipos has deployed in support of Operation Southern Watch, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Yokota AB, Japan
2006 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Robins AFB, Ga.
2010 Associate of Applied Science, Mechanical and Electrical Technology, Community College of Air Force
2013 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2015 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Naval War College Senior Leader Course
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Advanced Nuclear Concepts Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2021 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. April 1996 to May 1996 – Trainee, Basic Military Training, 321st Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. May 1996 to Oct 1996 – Student, HVAC/r, 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. October 1996 to Jul 2000 – HVAC/R Apprentice, 20th Civil Engineer Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
4. August 2000 to Aug 2004 – Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Journeyman, 374th Civil Engineer Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
5. August 2004 to Dec 2008 – Section Chief, Civil Engineer Support, 53d Combat Communications Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. December 2008 to Feb 2013 – Superintendent, Infrastructure, DATA MASKED
7. December 2011 to Feb 2013 – First Sergeant, Additional Duty, DATA MASKED
8. February 2013 to Aug 2014 – Superintendent, Facility Systems, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
9. September 2014 to Jun 2015 – Superintendent, Engineering Flight, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
10. June 2015 to Nov 2016 – Superintendent, Facility Systems, 35th CES, Misawa AB, Japan
11. December 2016 to May 2017 – Superintendent, Operations, 35th CES, Misawa AB, Japan
12. June 2017 to April 2018 – Squadron Superintendent, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
13. May 2018 to Sep 2019 – Group Superintendent, 5th Mission Support Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
14. Oct 2019 to Jan 2022 – Group Superintendent, 18th Civil Engineer Group, Kadena AB, Japan
15. Feb 2022 to present – Command Chief, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Nuclear Defense Operations Service Medal with “N” Device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant–July 1, 2017
(Current as of February 2022)