Brig. Gen. Brian R. Moore is the Commander of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He leads a team of more than 10,000 military and civilian professionals delivering combat power for America. The complex performs programmed depot maintenance and modifications on KC-46, KC-135, B-1B, B-52, E-3 and Navy E-6 aircraft, as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul for F100, F101, F108, F110, F117, F118, F119, F135 and TF33 engines, and a wide variety of commodities for the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and foreign military sales partners. He is responsible for the development and sustainment of a diverse portfolio of worldwide mission critical aircraft battle damage repair capability for multiple weapon systems.
Moore earned his commission through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Central Washington University. He has held positions at the Wing, MAJCOM, Air Staff and Joint Staff levels, to include squadron, group, and wing command, and the Vice Commander of the Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command. Prior to this assignment, Moore served as the Director of Staff and Deputy Director of Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He was responsible for administration of 1,300 headquarters staff personnel and direct integration of six Centers and nine Wing’s and three Air Logistics Complexes. He ensured command-wide strategic planning, programming, enterprise analyses, wargaming, and operational requirements. He governed the Program Objective Memorandum process for AFMC including Agile Combat Support requirements and Weapons Sustainment components worth in excess of $40 billion. Additional responsibilities included leading capabilities development, strategic basing, transformational activities, integrated life cycle management policies and processes, and acquisition workforce development for the Command.
1996 Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Psychology & Sociology, Central Washington University, Ellensburg
1996 AF Reserve Officer Training Corps, Central Washington University, Ellensburg
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Master of Science Degree in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Langley AFB, Va.
2008 Master of Science Degree in National Security & Strategic Studies, Navy Command & Staff, Newport, R.I.
2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Master of Science Degree in National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 U.S. Air Force Leadership Development Program: AF Transnational Issues Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 U.S. Air Force Leadership Development Program: AF China and Asia & Global Engagement Seminars, Okla.
2018 U.S. Air Force Leadership Development Program: Enterprise Perspective Seminar; Public Policy Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 Air Force Forces Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2023 DoD LogTech Executives Course, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. July 1996 – August 1999, Section Commander, 374th Mission Support Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Tokyo, Japan
2. August 1999 – June 2000, Section Commander, 1st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
3. June 2000 – February 2001, Executive Officer, 1st Logistics Group, Langley AFB, Va.
4. February 2001 – August 2002, Flight Commander, Accessories & Sortie Support, 1st Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Va.
5. August 2002 – August 2003, Maintenance Supervisor, 49th Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. August 2003 – January 2005, 9th AMU Officer-In-Charge, 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
7. January 2005 – June 2005, Operations Officer, 49th Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
8. June 2005 – July 2006, Chief Company Grade Assignments, HQ Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
9. July 2006 – July 2007, Chief Maintenance Officer Assignments, HQ Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. July 2007 – July 2008, Navy Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
11. July 2008 – July 2011, Commander, 552d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 552d Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. July 2011 – July 2012, Chief, Logistics Strategic Initiatives Branch, AF/A4L, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. July 2012 – August 2013, Executive Officer, AF/A4/7, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. August 2013 – June 2014, National War College, Ft McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2014 – September 2015, Strategic Assessments Branch Chief, JCS/J5, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. September 2015 – December 2015, Deputy Division Chief, Joint Strategy & Plans, JCS/J5, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. December 2015 – August 2016, Assistant Deputy Director, Joint Strategy & Plans, JCS/J5, Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
18. August 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 552d Maintenance Group, 552d Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. June 2018 – July 2019, Vice Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
20. July 2019 – July 2021, Commander, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
21. July 2021 – July 2022, Director of Staff, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
22. July 2022 – Jun 2023, Deputy Director, Strategic Plans, Program, Requirements, and Analyses, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
23. Jun 2023 – Present, Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2014 - September 2015, Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch (J5), Directorate of Strategy, Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a Lieutenant Colonel
2. December 2015 - August 2016, Assistant Deputy Director, Joint Strategy and Plans (J5), Directorate of Strategy, Plans and Policy, the Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a Colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters, one with valor
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal
Korea Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Service Medal
Air Expeditionary Service Medal
GWOT Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 8, 1996
First Lieutenant July 2, 1998
Captain July 2, 2000
Major July 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel Aug. 2, 2015
Brigadier General Dec. 6, 2023