Col. Kenneth J. Voigt, Jr., is the Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He is responsible for Air Combat Command's fleet of E-3 Airborne Warning & Control System aircraft and ground-based Control & Reporting Centers supporting combatant commanders worldwide. He leads over 4,360 men and women at four Air Force bases and manages resources that includes the E-3 AWACS aircraft and CRCs valued at $16.1 billion. Voigt also oversees Air Combat Command’s largest Programmed Flying Training Unit and its non-aircraft specific functional training.
Voigt entered the Air Force in 1999 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Norwich University, Vermont. He is a Senior Air Battle Manager with operational combat experience in CRCs, AWACS, and Air Operations Centers. He has served on the staffs of Headquarters United States Air Force and United States Indo-Pacific Command. Finally, Voigt commanded the 505th Test Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev., and the 552nd Air Control Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Voigt has participated in Operations INHERENT RESOLVE, SPARTAN SHIELD, FREEDOM SENTINEL, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, SOUTHERN WATCH, the Resolute Support mission, and counter drug operation.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.
2004 Master of Human Relations, University of Oklahoma
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2011 Master of Arts in National Security & Strategic Studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2017 Master of Science in Joint Campaign Planning, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Norfolk, Va.
1. July 1999 - September 2000, Distinguished Graduate, undergraduate ABM training, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2. September 2000 – September 2001, Student, E-3 initial qualification training, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. September 2001 – December 2005, E-3 AWO, SD, and chief of mission training, 964th Airborne Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. December 2005 – December 2006, Flight Commander, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. January 2007 – June 2007, Distinguished Graduate, USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2007 – October 2007, Deputy Chief Tactics, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. October 2007 – July 2010, Chief Weapons & Tactics, Asst Director of Ops, 726th Air Control Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
8. July 2010 – June 2011, Student, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, Newport, R.I.
9. June 2011 – June 2013, Chief, CAF & ISR Branch, ABM Career Field Manager, HQ USAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. June 2013 – March 2014, Director of Operations, 505th Test Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. March 2014 – June 2016, Commander, 505th Test Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
12. July 2016 – June 2017, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, Va.
13. June 2017 – June 2019, Southeast Asia Strategic Planner, HQ U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, Camp Smith, Hawaii
14. June 2019 –June 2020, Director, Combat Ops Division, 609th Air Operations Center, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
15. July 2020 – July 2022, Commander, 552 Air Control Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. July 2022 – June 2023, Deputy Director of Operations, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley Eustis, Va.
17. June 2023 – Present, Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Rating: Senior Air Battle Manager
Flight hours: 2,240 (459 Combat/104 Combat Support)
Aircraft Flown: E-3 B/C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two bronze stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 7, 1999
First Lieutenant June 7, 2001
Captain June 7, 2003
Major March 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2013
Colonel January 1, 2020
(Current as of June 2023)