Donna J. Patten is the Director of Staff, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. She is responsible for providing executive leadership, direction, and management of 72nd ABW functions in the formulation of civilian organizational policy and fiscal management across all wing mission areas to improve effectiveness, resource efficiency, and resource savings through subordinate wing staff, commanders, directors, and supervisors. Additionally, she oversees and directs the Wing’s Resource, Transformation, Public Affairs, Protocol, and Plans and Programs Offices. She provides critical corporate level continuity for policy matters to the 72nd ABW Commander and Deputy Commander.
Prior to her current position, Patten served as the Chief, Plans and Resources Division where she was responsible for Tinker’s Cybersecurity, IT Asset Program & Lifecycle Support, Force Development, Training, & Readiness, and Plans, Programs and Resources Branches. Patten directed Cybersecurity planning, evaluations, inspections, and response efforts for Tinker’s multi-billion dollar classified and non-classified Command and Control, Communications, and Computer/Cyber (C4) Systems environments. Furthermore, Patten oversaw cyber forces development and readiness, in varying capacities, for 400 personnel within the 72nd Communications Directorate and 300 other cyber professionals across Tinker AFB. Moreover, she directed implementation of more than $10 million in IT projects in various phases of implementation across the installation annually.
Prior to becoming a civil servant, Patten served for ten years as an active-duty member in the U.S. Air Force as a computer operator/information technology specialist, serving in communications squadrons at RAF Mildenhall, England and Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
1995 Associate of Applied Science, Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Civilian Personnel Management Course (CPMC)
2008 USAF Supervisors Course
2009 Developing Leadership Skills in the Workplace
2009 Human Relations in Supervision
2022 LeaderShift Courses
2022 Art of the Possible 402 Senior Leader Course
1. April 1985-February 1989, U.S. Air Force, RAF Mildenhall, England
2. February 1989-April 1995, U.S. Air Force, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. June 1995-November 1995, Contractor, Defense Information Systems Agency, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. November 1995-May 1997, Information Technology Specialist, 72nd Communications Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. May 1997-June 1998, Program Management, 38th Engineering Installation Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. June 1998-August 2008, Information Security, 72nd Communications Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. August 2008-October 2009, Flight Chief, Information Systems Security Branch, 72nd Communications Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. October 2009-November 2017, Chief, Client Service Center Branch, 72nd Communications Directorate, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. November 2017-August 2020, Chief, Knowledge Operations Branch, 72nd Communications Directorate, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. August 2020-December 2020, Chief, Client Service Center Branch, 72nd Communications Directorate, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. December 2020-July 2022, Chief, Plans, Programs and Resources Branch, 72nd Communications Directorate, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. July 2022–August 2023, Chief, Plans and Resources Division, 72nd Communications Directorate, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. August 2023-Present, Director of Staff, 72nd Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
National Defense Service Medal (Military)
Air Force Commendation Medal (Military)
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (Military)
Information Dominance Award
Air Force Civilian Achievement Award March 2018
72nd Air Base Wing Wildcatter Award Recipient December 2021
72nd Air Base Wing Supervisory Wiley Post Civilian of the Year 2022
(Current as of September 2023)