AFMC promotes Team Lean Challenge for weight management
Air Force Materiel Command Health & Wellness Team
/ Published February 24, 2017
During the spring season, Air Force Materiel Command will promote its Team Lean Challenge. TLC is a command-wide initiative designed to help the AFMC workforce achieve and maintain healthy weight through proper nutrition and physical activity.
Participants who enroll and complete the official weigh-in will receive a free travel vegetable steamer. Civilian Health Promotion Services will conduct the challenge.
Here's how to participate in the Team Lean Challenge:
1. Enroll online at www.afmcwellness.com/ between Feb. 21 and March 17. Participate as an individual or choose one teammate to keep you motivated.
2. Complete the official TLC weigh-in, March 8-17, and receive the free travel vegetable steamer enrollment award.
3. Lose 2% of initial weigh-in weight through healthy lifestyle behavior from March 20-May 12.
Here's an example calculation:
Beginning weight 200 pounds
2% of 200 pounds (0.02 x 200) = 4 pounds
4. Attend the CHPS education class, “Master the Scale” between March 20-May 12.
5. Compete the official TLC weight-out from May 15-May 24 to receive the TLC completion award.
To receive the TLC completion award, each participant needs to enroll in TLC, lose at least 2% of initial weight, and attend the CHPS class titled “Master the Scale”.
For more information, visit www.afmcwellness.com/ or contact your local CHPS team.