The New Year is a time of change and improvement, often with lofty goals to be more organized, improve eating habits, manage stress or finally running that marathon. No matter what your goals are for 2020, the Air Force Civilian Health Promotion Services program can give you a jump-start toward setting attainable goals and providing resources to help you meet your resolutions this year.
Completing a health risk assessment can be a great place to start to identify your current health status and receive personalized feedback about actions that can be taken to reduce risks, maintain health and prevent disease. CHPS now offers a new interactive website — USAFwellness.com — where you can complete your HRA and take advantage of resources to help in your growth toward healthy lifestyle change:
• View your local CHPS event calendar
• Track your daily workouts, steps and food intake with the help of an accurate calorie count for calorie intake and burn
• Access a wide variety of health information in the Health Library
• Link information you already track from sites/apps like Fitbit® and MyFitnessPal™
• Get suggestion for small goals to focus on each day called Daily Pursuits
• Form alliances with friends and co-workers to create support to meet and achieve your personal wellbeing
As a mobile worksite wellness program, CHPS offers health and wellness services across Tinker. All CHPS services are free and available to the federal civilian workforce. Active duty personnel are also eligible for many of our services.
• Cardiac Risk Profile Screenings (cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar)
• Blood Pressure Screenings
• Body Composition Screenings
• Health Education Classes
• Health Awareness Campaigns
• Wellness Challenges
Check out these upcoming events at Tinker CHPS and take the first step toward improving your health.
Jan. 16/7:30-10:30 a.m./Bldg. 3001 Liberty C/R (2AH-71A)
Jan. 21/7:30-10:30 a.m./Bldg. 3001 CHPS Lighthouse Office Post O73
Jan. 23/7:30-10:30 a.m./Bldg. 3334 Upstairs C/R
Jan. 28/7:30-10:30 a.m./Bldg. 469 Knowles C/R
Personal Goal Setting Class
Jan. 15/11-11:30 a.m./Bldg. 9001 2T-41 C/R
Jan. 21/11-11:30 a.m./Bldg. 3001 CHPS Lighthouse Office Post O73
Jan. 27/11-11:30 a.m./Bldg. 3001 PK C/R (2AH-78A)
Preventing Metabolic Syndrome Class
Jan. 23/11-11:30 a.m./Bldg. 3334 Library (Room 119)
January 31/11-11:30 a.m./Bldg. 3001 Keith Howard C/R (1AH1-99A)
For more information about the program and to set up services at your worksite location, contact Tinker CHPS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 582-6817.