TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. --
As of Monday, May 11, Tinker Air Force Base began a gradual and measured return to full capacity by reopening more of its facilities and services consistent with state and local guidelines.
As organizations engage in planning to return to full capacity, the installation commander published a policy on mask wear.
“All employees are required to wear masks or appropriate face coverings (e.g., neck gaiters) when working within 6 feet of another employee, in common areas, while walking through narrow hallways, or other areas where social distancing cannot be accomplished,” said Col. Paul Filcek, 72nd Air Base Wing and installation commander. “However, employees are encouraged to wear masks or appropriate face coverings at all times.”
Organizations are required to provide no fewer than two washable masks per employee. For active duty members in uniform, masks and face coverings should be gray, white, black or another color that matches OCP uniform, with no patterns or logos. Light blue or pink medical-style masks are also authorized in uniform. Face shields are not authorized as a replacement for cloth masks.
Base personnel should continue to adhere to guidance on social distancing, disinfection plans and face coverings, including no hand-shaking, frequent hand washing, cleaning of common-use items, and wearing masks when social distancing cannot be achieved.
Leadership across the installation will continuously consider regional, state, and local public health conditions and guidelines when making decisions on restoring facilities and services capacity. Protecting personnel and families across the installation is paramount.
“I’m grateful and proud of our personnel, who have been so flexible and adaptive over the past several weeks,” said Lt. Gen. Gene Kirkland, Air Force Sustainment Center commander. “We will continue to ensure the health of our workforce while we balance mission readiness.”
Current Facility Operating Hours as of 20 May 2020:
Medical Group: OPEN; Mon-Fri 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for virtual appointments/telephone consults and limited face to face appointments. No procedures at this time. Call the appointment line at 734-2778 for healthcare needs.
Pharmacy: OPEN; Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Drive thru only
3001 Cafeteria: CLOSED
AAFES: OPEN; 100% face covering required
- Main Store: OPEN; Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sat 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. No dine-in seating at food court or Burger King
- Express I: OPEN; Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to midnight; Sat 6 a.m. to midnight; Sun 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Express II: Mon CLOSED; OPEN; Tue-Thu 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Fri 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Sun CLOSED
- Express III: OPEN; Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sat-Sun CLOSED
- Military Clothing and Sales: OPEN; Mon-Fri 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sat-Sun CLOSED
- Barber Shop: OPEN to all patrons; Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sat-Sun CLOSED
Airman & Family Readiness Center: OPEN; Classes to resume 10 Jun 20
Arts & Crafts: OPEN
Auto Hobby: OPEN
Bowling Center: CLOSED
CDC and Youth Center: All CDC locations and Youth Center OPEN; no Drop-In Care or Open Recreation
Chapel Service: CLOSED; staff is available for individual needs
Commissary: OPEN; Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sat 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sun 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 100% face covering for authorized patrons. No visitors.
Dining Facility/Flight Kitchen: OPEN; take-out only
Golf Course: OPEN; Mulligan’s Grill Closed
Gerrity Fitness Center: OPEN to Military, AD Dependents, & DoD Civilians; Mon-Tues-Wed-Fri from 5 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sat 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open to military retirees M-W-F 0800-1100. Closed Thur and Sun for deep cleaning. Patrons must show identification. Only 43 patrons at a time with-one hour workout time limits. No basketball, racquetball, sauna or showers. Call the Gerrity at 734-5607 for more information. All other fitness centers remain closed.
Information, Tickets, and Travel: OPEN
Military Personnel/ID Cards: Appointment only (Make an appointment at: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil ) *accommodations can be made for short-notice deployments on request
Outdoor Recreation: OPEN
Thrift Store: CLOSED
Veterinarian Clinic: OPEN; with limited hours and 50 percent staffing.
Mon-Thu 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to noon
The staff will take appointments for immediately upcoming or past due vaccines/wellness exams, helping families prepare to PCS with their pets, health certificate examinations and urgent/sick call appointments. They will not be doing any anesthetic procedures or surgeries at this time. The Tinker Vet Clinic can be reached at 405-734-5780.
Visitor Control Center/Pass & ID: OPEN; Mon–Fri 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sat-Sun CLOSED
- Controlled/Restricted Area Badges (C/RAB) walk-ins during duty hours
- Visitor Passes are limited to official business only. Sponsors are advised to arrive with their visitor to reduce wait/issue times
- No change for Contractor IDs/Passes.
- No change for Base out-processing actions/C/RAB turn-in.
- No change for Pre-employment fingerprints, conducted by 72 FSS.
- Personnel will be met at the Visitor Center main entry, screened, sign-in, and may be asked to wait in their vehicle until interior population allow for additional patrons. Visitor Center will only permit 9 personnel in the lobby at one time.
- NO FOOD DELIVERIES PERMITTED FOR BASE ENTRY (Door Dash, PostMates, GrubHub, Uber Eats, etc.)