Chief Master Sgt. Darren M.S. Wiseman is the Command Chief of the 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. In this position, he leads the enlisted force and advises commanders on matters impacting the enlisted, such as proper utilization, readiness, professional development, training, and quality of life issues. He ensures the commander’s policies are widely publicized and understood by the enlisted force and serves as the functional manager for all assigned first sergeants.
Chief Wiseman enlisted in the United States Air Force in July 2000. Upon completion of the Air Force Police Academy, he was assigned to the 100th Security Forces Squadron. During this time, he worked direct support for the National Airborne Operations Center, Marine One, and Air Force One. He also provided pivotal security for EUCOMs primary launching platform for $750M Protection Level 2 and Special Operations aircraft. In 2003, he transferred to Malmstrom AFB, Mont., and became certified as a Flight Security Controller for 150 nuclear weapons, Convoy Element Sergeant, and a standardization and Evaluation inspector for 1,200 Security Forces personnel. Upon leaving active duty, Chief Wiseman enlisted in the Air Force Reserve. After completing the Logistics Plans School as Top Graduate, he was assigned to the 932d Logistics Readiness Flight, Scott AFB, Ill, where he served as a Logistics Plans Specialist, Air Reserve Technician. Prior to his current position, Chief Wiseman served as the Senior Enlisted Leader at the Force Generation Center.
During his career, Chief Wiseman deployed after September 11, 2001, securing AC-130 gunships and KC-135s providing Air Superiority in Afghanistan. His experience has also given him the opportunity to support Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Inherent Resolve and Freedom's Sentinel.
2000 United States Air Force Security Forces Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2004 Airman Leadership School, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2007 Associate of Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Business Management, Park University, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2010 Logistics Plans Apprentice Course, Lackland AFB, Texas.
2011 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2011 Associate of Applied Science, Logistics Mgt, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course, National Defense University, by correspondence.
2014 United States Marine Corp Senior NCOA Advanced, Quantico MCCS, Va.
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Course, Air Force Reserve Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
2016 Master of Arts, International Relations, Webster University, Scott AFB, Ill.
1. December 2000-January 2003, Security Force Member, 100th Security Forces Squadron, Mildenhall AFB, United Kingdom.
2. January 2003-August 2004, Flight Security Controller, 341st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. August 2004-May 2005, Security Forces Training Instructor, 341st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
4. May 2005-July 2006, Convoy Element Sergeant, 741st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
5. July 2006-May 2010, Security Forces Standardization and Evaluation Inspector, 341st Security Forces Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
6. May 2010-September 2010, Security Forces Sergeant, 932d Security Forces Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. September 2010-April 2012, Logistics Plans NCOIC, 932d Logistics Readiness Flight, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. April 2012-January 2016, Logistics Flight Superintendent, 932d Logistics Readiness Flight, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. January 2016-June 2016, Executive Officer, 932d Operations Group, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. June 2016-November 2018, Logistics Flight Superintendent, 932d Logistics Readiness Flight, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. November 2018-May 2020, Inspector General Superintendent, 932 Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. May 2020-December 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader, Force Generation Center, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. January 2023-Present, Command Chief, 507th Air Refueling Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with “N” device Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with star
2011 DCAPES-Wing Level User
2016 Green Belt CPI Certification
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic June 7, 2000
Airman First Class July 21, 2000
Senior Airman November 21, 2002
Staff Sergeant July 1, 2004
Technical Sergeant August 1, 2011
Master Sergeant August 1, 2013
Senior Master Sergeant August 1, 2015
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2018
(Current as of February 2023)