Moving to a new base or community is a normal part of life in the military. This can also be a major life event for the family.
The Airman and Family Readiness Center helps single and married service members and DoD employees and their families in preparing for relocation to a new base. The adjustment to life at a new base, once they arrive, is also made smoother with the help of the Airman and Family Readiness Center. For more information contact the A&FRC at 739-2747.
Utilizing the Relocation Assistance Program, you can:
- Get up-to-date information about your new base and community before you move.
- Receive welcome packets
- Available for Tinker AFB and the surrounding communities.
- Set up timelines and prepare your move.
- Access budgeting assistance in planning for your moving costs.
- Participate in a Smooth Move Workshop
- Attend Newcomer's Orientation
Childcare for PCS: This program, funded by AFAS, offers 20 hours of free childcare to Air Force families, within 60 days, when they are getting ready to leave a base or upon arriving at a new base. Care is provided only at on base licensed child daycare providers. This time can be used while packing, unpacking, attending a Smooth Move class, Newcomer's Orientation or job hunting. (open to all ranks)