The Family Health Clinic provides acute, routine, and wellness care for the medical needs of TRICARE Prime beneficiaries. All enrolled beneficiaries are assigned a Primary Care Manager. PCMs may be a physician, a physician assistant or a nurse practitioner. All TRICARE Prime enrollees are provided primary medical care through their PCM team. Medical problems that require evaluation and/or treatment by another specialty will be referred by your PCM as needed. All care with your PCM is provided by appointment. The length of time spent at the clinic is dependent on your diagnosis and need for laboratory tests or x-rays.
To make an appointment call 734-2778, listen carefully, and choose from one of the options or you can use Tricare On-line. The majority of appointment's are scheduled for 20 minutes. The PCM team will try to address all of your concerns; however the provider may request a follow-up appointment if more time is needed to adequately address your needs. When calling for an appointment, every effort will be made to make your appointment with your PCM. However if your PCM is unavailable, you will be offered an appointment with the other provider on your team. Messages can be left for your PCM by calling the appointment line. A member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than three duty days.
Family Health offers the following services:
· Evaluation and treatment of most acute and chronic medical conditions
· Family planning (includes vasectomies and contraception)
· Limited diagnostic services
· Minor surgical procedures such as ingrown toenail removal and skin biopsies
· The following walk-in services are also available to our Tinker TRICARE Prime enrollees Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1 p.m.-3 p.m. hours:
· Wound Care/Suture Removal
· Throat Cultures
· Medication injections with valid prescriptions
· Blood Pressure checks
· Height/weight checks
The Family Health Clinic has the following office hours by appointment:
· Monday-Friday 7a.m.-4 p.m.
· Third Wednesday of every month is Readiness Training Day; clinic hours will be
When calling after hours, an answering service is available for consultation about acute medical concerns. A triage nurse will determine the level of care your condition requires; home care, urgent care, or emergency services. Call the after-hours Triage line at 734-APPT (734-2778), to initiate the process. An on-call medical provider will be consulted as needed.
Emergency Services are not available at the 72d Medical Group. For emergencies, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.