Listings for on-and-off base resources available to Tornado Victims. Keep checking as we will update as often as possible. We'll start with the basics and build from there. Don't forget you can always dial 2-1-1 to speak to a live operator who can refer you to the appropriate services based on your individual needs.

Major Non-Profits

Heartline Oklahoma
Call 2-1-1 for referral assistance. Simply dial 2-1-1. Call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

HeartLine can help you find local resources for support, education, counseling and much more by simply typing a keyword, searching by agency name or utilizing the category system to search basic needs. For instance, if you are searching for utility assistance, start by entering your city or zip code. This is optional but will more accurately display programs near your location. 

The American Red Cross:
If you are in need of shelter following the tornado, you can type in your address and find the closest Red Cross Chapter. You can simply click on the map to see your closest shelter, as well as availability and shelter capacity. 

Disasters often make it difficult to stay in touch with loved ones. The American Red Cross Safe and Well website is a central location for people in disaster areas in the United States to register their current status, and for their loved ones to access that information. It helps provide displaced families with relief and comfort during a stressful time.

If you had to leave your home, return only when local authorities advise that it is safe to do so. Do not cut or walk past colored tape that was placed over doors or windows to mark damaged areas unless you have been told that it is safe to do so. If a building inspector has placed a color-coded sign on the home, do not enter it until you get more information, advice and instructions from your local authorities. 

Financial Assistance. Assistance can include funds for emergency travel,
burial of a loved one, emergency food and shelter, etc. 

The Salvation Army:
A list of locations where the Salvation Army is providing food and

Provides immediate disaster relief, clothes, blankets, etc. 

Goodwill has provided a list of resources available here

Operation Homefront
Operation Homefront (OH) provides emergency financial and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors.

How to help

As directed by the President in his memorandum of June 3, 2013, OPM has established an Emergency Leave Transfer Program (ELTP) to assist employees affected by the severe storms and tornadoes beginning 18 May 2013 through and including 2 June 2013 in the state of Oklahoma. Due to the generosity of Air Force employees, more than 1000 hours have already been donated to more than 15 recipients. At this time we have more requests for leave than we have donated leave. Please forward to any employees who would like to donate leave or to those at Tinker who need leave that qualify under this program. 

Questions should be directed to the Tinker ELTP Program
Manager, Kathye Michaelis, at DSN 339-7516, commercial, 405-739-7516. 

Donations to Tinker Family Readiness Fund:

Write checks to (TFRF) Tinker Family Readiness Fund (Checks, gift cards, cash)

All donations will go to Tornado Relief

Cannot be for specific person/squadron/etc.

Mail to:
A&FRC Office
6001 Arnold Street
Tinker AFB, OK 73145

Numerous organizational websites such as The American Red Cross, United Way of Oklahoma, Salvation Army, Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and the Central Oklahoma Humane Society where you can donate money to, or to receive help. 

As relief efforts are ongoing to help people affected by the May 19 and 20 tornadoes in central Oklahoma, The Oklahoman and NewsOK continues to list all the ways people can help. Many are emphasizing that they need cash donations in lieu of donated items. Here are new additions or modifications to the How to Help list that is currently running in full at 

More links: 

United Way 

Red Cross

Disabled American Veterans

Salvation Army

Samaritans Purse

Catholic Charities USA


On-base resources

In light of the devastating tornadoes that have hit the Oklahoma City area the Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC) is here to ensure Tinker personnel and their families receive effective support. The EFAC will continue to provide the following services through June 20th, 2013:

Financial Support: Air Force Aid Loans.

Food Pantry: Free to Tinker military, civilians, and their families.

Counseling: MFLAC provides anonymous counseling on or off base.

Airmans Attic: For those who need free clothing, uniform items, toiletries, etc.

For more information please visit

Contact the EFAC at 739-2747/ 736-3813 / 736-3847

Free legal advice to active duty and retired military personnel who need help signing legal documents or submitting claims for property damage. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 11 a.m. in Bldg. 460 The legal office cannot provide legal advice to civil service, however Oklahoma Attornies have set up a free legal advice line 1-855-205-0083 or 405-359-4286.

Legal documents:

Tinker Legal Office recommendations

Recovering lost documents 

Home inventory loss form 

IRS Disaster and Theft loss workbook 

May be able to house displaced tornado vicitms. Please call 737-5562 if you need assistance.

Tinker Chapel is taking donations for the Tinker Family Readiness Fund and some members of the congregation have been organizing work parties. For assistance, contact the chapel at 734-2111.

Operation Warmheart
First Sergeants Group, Non-Profit - provides financial support to military in need.  POCs:  MSgt Lloyd Morales, 405-734-2268; MSgt Shakeisha Perkins, 405-582-6024;  Mailing address:  7050 Air Depot Blvd., Bldg. 1094, Tinker AFB, OK 73145.

Vet Clinic
The Tinker Veterinary Clinic is providing services to Team Tinker members with animals affected by the tornados. For more information, call 734-5911. 

Tinker FOH and EAP programs offer advice/counseling services for civilian employees. The EAP can also be reached at 1-800-222-0364.

Tornado Scam Prevention

State of Oklahoma Attorney General's Public Protection Unit Issues Updated Disaster Scam Prevention Packet for Residents. 

Scam Prevention Packet

Link to an article detailing scams in Oklahoma and tips to avoid them

Scam warning article

Faith-based support/labor

Action Crisis Teams

Will provide cleanup crews, free debris removal, food, "no job is too small." 972-516-ACTS (2287) 

Baptist Disaster Relief Ministry:

The Baptist Disaster Relief Ministry is ready to assist with home site clean up. Please direct anyone needing home site debris clean-up to call one of these numbers: 


Christ in Action Christ In Action is providing the following free services to the community and relief workers in Oklahoma:

- Yard Cleanup
- Tree Removal
- Assisting Homeowners with Debris Sifting

Hot Meals 
Breakfast 7:30AM-9:30AM
Lunch 11:30AM - 1:30PM
Dinner 5:00PM - 7:00PM

People needing assistance should call 571-358-9242.

Government sites


Fact Sheet: Qs & As about state and federal assistance available for Oklahoma

You can apply for disaster assistance through FEMAat the following site or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)

You can find more FEMA resources at


Local Cities
These city websites are providing instructions for residents, updates and links to resources as they become available.


Recipients of SNAP (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program commonly known as "food stamps") whose households were impacted by the storms and have lost their food benefit cards may contact their county OKDHS worker and request new cards and lost food replacement. 


U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan today announced that HUD will speed federal disaster assistance to the State of Oklahoma in addition to resources being provided by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other federal partners. HUD will provide support to homeowners and low-income renters forced from their homes due to tornadoes and severe storms.

Media ResourceS

Pet resources

Veterinary care and lost pets
OSU Center for Veterinary Health Sciences is offering free veterinary medical care to animals injured during the tornado. To make arrangements for care call 405-744-7000

To locate displaced animals go to  

The Oklahoma Agriculture Food and Forestry department has put together a collection of links for animal relief efforts

Relief grants for pet care can be found here

Medical needs

TRICARE information
The PCM waiver is effective from May 20 through June 19, 2013 in the Tinker Air Force Base Prime Service Area. For more information, go to In emergencies, the Department of Defense (DoD) can approve a waiver of PCM referrals. Waiving the PCM referral requirement allows affected beneficiaries to get care from TRICARE-authorized providers without a PCM referral, avoiding point-of-service charges.

The "Emergency Refill Too Soon" waiver authorizes early prescription refills for affected beneficiaries through June 17 in Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Oklahoma and Pottawatomie counties. When a prescription waiver is authorized for an impacted area, information about early refills is posted on the TRICARE website. Beneficiaries who've signed up for TRICARE e-mail updates at  receive the update directly. Also check TRICARE's social media pages for updates. 703-681-1770

Free eye care
Dr. Kenneth Guthrie, 13421 N Pennsylvania Avenue is offering free eye exams for victims who lost glasses or contacts or had eye injuries. For additional information please call 753-9006.

Eyemart Express is making and donating free glasses.

Vision Source will host an eye care clinic from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday(28 May-31 May)at Graceway Baptist Church 1100SW 104th. Glasses and contacts will be available at no charge to tornado victims. Victims should bring their badges that show they are victims.

Hearing or hearing aid loss
Economy Hearing Aid Centers and Starkey Hearing Foundation are offering free assistance to those who have lost their hearing aids or suffered hearing loss due to the storm. Starkey Hearing Foundation will provide hearing aids and Economy Hearing Aid Center will ensure they are serviced and cared for, at no charge. For assistance, contact Starkey Hearing Foundation at 866-354-3254 or email at